Nordic Business Forum. The show is here again.
(and so is our after party by the way)
You cant complain, a great event. Helsinki just got over the Trump and Putin Tango this summer and now Obama is in town. Crazy.
Held on 26 – 27 September 2018 at the Helsinki Expo and Convention Center, Finland the Nordic Business Forum is already sold out. That’s a shame as there’s just something very cool about being in the same room with a lot of smart people. Then there are the presenters too. No wait.. We are joking we love Obama and loved the line up last year. What the Nordic Business Forum does well is address some pretty relevant topics, not just the latest business hype but things like nature and survival of the planet and species get a lot of attention, which is of course pretty good for humans, (not sure if it will be enough).’
If you are attending then you are definitely in for a great show. If you wont be able to attend, Obamas session will be streamed live here.
(President Obama’s session is not included in the on-demand videos)
For those in town for just the event, we have developed a guide that will ensure you get the most our of your visit, so that you wont be too stressed out and will be able to attend the best after party in town at Crystal Show Club.
The Complimentary Nordic Business Forum Visitor Agenda:
(We assume you fly into Helsinki well ahead of time and get some rest before the Nordic Business Forum. If you dont have your plans finalised yet, you can read about the best business hotels of the Summer 2018 here.)
Before the event:
Please make sure to collect you pass so that you will be able to get in.
Official instructions read: To enter the event, each attendee will need to collect their seminar pass from our check-in desks upon arrival at the venue. Please be prepared to show your ticket and valid ID when you arrive at the pre-check-in.
It is equally crucial to get the event APP in order to be able to properly follow and participate: The Nordic Business Forum event app is your go-to guide during the event. Ask questions from the speakers, share your thoughts and takeaways, and connect with other attendees.
The app is available in the Apple store and Google Play store.
Where to get you pass:
Stockmann [8th floor, Aleksanterinkatu 52, Helsinki]:
Monday (Sept 24) to Tuesday (Sept 25), from 10.00 to 20.00.
On Wednesday 26.9
- The event starts with lunch at 11 OR with an executive session if you are a VIP. Hosted by Gary Hamill, (the guy from Star Wars!!).
- How to get to the Helsinki Convention Center or MESSUKESKUS in Finnish:
If you are part of the regular folk your schedule will more or less look like this:
- 11:00 – Seminar welcoming lunch (for all seminar guests)
- 12:00 – Aswath Damodaran – Laws of Valuation: Revealing the Myths and Misconceptions
- 12:50 – James Hewitt – The Key to Sustainable High Performance
- 13:10 – Susan Cain – Quiet: How to Harness the Strengths of Introverts to Change How We Work, Lead, and Innovate
- Coffee break & networking
- 14:55 – Gary Hamel – Building an “Evolutionary Advantage”
- 16:05 – Amy Cuddy – Presence: Bringing Your Boldest Self to Your Biggest Challenges
- Coffee break & networking
- 17:35 – John Mackey – Conscious Capitalism: How Purpose Can Affect Stakeholder Integration, Leadership, and Culture
- 18:30 – Marcus Buckingham – Find Your Edge, Win at Work
- 19:30 – Day 1 at Messukeskus ends.
- 20.00 – You take a shower at your hotel.
- 21.00 – You have dinner – read about or recommendations for great restaurants in our Helsinki Business travellers guide here.
- 22.00 -You should finish up your meal and have brisk 5 minute walk towards Lönrotinkatu 19 as the Crystal Show Club after party has already started at 9pm. If you ate too much there is no need to rush, just stroll comfortably and take in the clean air as the club and the party will be going on untill 5am.
- 05.15 – Arrive back at your hotel, investigate the minibar.
On Thursday 27.9
- 13.00 – Skip the hotel breakfast and put on the news. Chillax.
- 14.00 – For those of you who are daring, take a shower, grab some food and go see some sights. Dont bother with the your Nordic Business Forum Pass. They host the event every year.
- 15.00 – Head down to the Presidentin Linna (the presidents “palace”) next to Kauppatori. Take some pictures.
- 15.30 – Get a drink at Allas Sea Pool. Site silently (a Finnish custom) and enjoy your drink while watching the Helsinki Sky Wheel.
- 17.00 – Head back to your hotel and prepare for your night number #2 at Crystal Show Club.
- 21.00 – Jump in the shower and get in a taxi. You know the routine by now.
The fail safe business visitor smart option:
Should Thursday afternoons schedule be too demanding, you can use our proprietary images below and post those on your LinkedIn feed to prove everyone you managed to get out of bed.
If you really feel you must impress your colleagues or family back home, you can use these images to adjust for scale. When you come to the club, just ask for our bar man at Crystal Show Club Bar to take a picture of you and then you should be able to conveniently photoshop yourself in for a very realistic finish, as below.